Monday, February 11, 2008

Three Little Princesses came to Play...

On Sunday I hosted Miss Malia Sunshine's 1st annual Valentine Tea Party. We had two of her little friends, Miss Kaylee Ann and Miss Moriah Grace along with their mommies and my sister and my cousin. Of course I didn't take any pictures of us grown up princesses.(we were, in fact, wearing our tiaras) but the girls were soooo stinking cute! I set up a "glitter station"where the girls primped and put on heart bead necklaces and bracelets.
I set up this little "glitter station" for the girls when they came in. They primped, and glittered themselves(and us) up and put on heart bead necklaces and bracelets.



The girls menu was heart shaped PB& Jam, with strawberries, Hot Cocoa to drink with really cute pink and white heart shaped marshmellows. (BTW, after the party I had like 3 minutes to stick my nose into the new Romantic Homes magazine and what did I spy but my pretty little marshmellows from the Dollar Tree and my gorgeous black tea set from Rosanna! I love that!) I also made them red velvet cupcakes with my secret fluffy frosting.Those were definately a fave. I also made a pretty red punch, and gave the girls red licorice straws to drink from.










On the menu for the mommies- I served 3 different tea sammies ( ham salad, egg with dill and cucumber on rye), I made a salad of mixed greens with toasted pecans and dried cranberries and some mini quiche lorraines. I also put together a chocolate fondue with strawberries, bananas, pound cake and more pink heart marshmellows. I also made a cake(red velvet) using one of those Tiara Dessert pans. Anyone remember those? I mad a triple berry filling and more of my secret fluffy frosting on top. I love when an experiment turns out good.
















I have to say, I have thrown a whole mess of parties and this one was one of the best. I think everyone had a good time, it was the right group of people, which is sometimes hard to plan for. Up next- Girls Night Out's Ocsar Party.

whew, i need a drink!
























No comments: