Saturday, March 22, 2008

First Day of Spring Tea Party...






My sister and best friend since high school came over to help me celebrate the first day of spring. It was such a nice day that I was able to set up my tea party on my back deck. With everyone busy getting ready for the easter holiday I decided to make the party a tea "brunch".



In addition to the traditional cucumber sammies, I served my special recipe deviled eggs, and "make your own" yogurt parfaits, with home made granola, and fresh strawberries. I also made some yummy vanilla orange cupcakes, cuz I cannot have a tea party without some kind of cake! (Cake is my favorite food group, ever!)




I placed a darling and very scrumptious dark chocolate bunny at each place setting.(Lindt!) Here they are naked!




We had a great time, very calm and relaxing, a lot of sun and soft breeze, perfectly first day of spring weather!

Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Spring!

3 comments:

justyne said...

Wow, that looks spectacular, I really want some cake right now, I will have to make some, yumm. You always out do yourself. Love you lots.

Lolly said...

Your tea party looks like it was wonderful! How fantastic!

Pearl Maple said...

Found your link on the mermaid swap and am just cruising to see what everyone else is doing with this fun theme.

From all your fun creative blog posts it will sure to be something special.

Your tea party to welcome spring looks great, what a wonderful way to celebrate.